Saturday, May 23, 2015

Hair in the Wind

Go with the Flow!

This doll will never have a "bad hair day."  Her hair is permanently blowing freely in the wind!

Her hair is made entirely of fabric.  It's very detail-oriented and tons of fun.  This type of hairdo is like an artistic license to go 130 miles down a deserted road.  Nobody is looking, nobody minds.  And it feels amazing to create it!

She has a "part" down the middle (and a pin that I have been using here and there...)

I gave her a sort of "diva" curl- a mix of the roaring 20's and "something else!"  I guess that something else is ME.

Technique

Thus far, the hair is made up of two odd-shaped "gloves" that are haphazardly sewn onto the head.
There is no particular shape or reason to it... just a bunch of random folding and fun.

To make the "gloves, simply draw it out on the fabric, right sides together.  Sew and turn, stuff it a just a little, and sew onto the head.  You can add pipe cleaners if you like, so you can control the "movement."  Enourage folding, so it looks like wavy hair.  You will want to use lots of pins to make everything stay in place, then sew it down with small stitches.  That's it!

The result may look a little "extreme" but I have faith that this is going to be terribly fun-looking when she's all done.





I'm thinking some kind of hat with a big ostrich feather?  I have not decided yet.  I just go bravely, one step at a time.  I don't want her to look like Medusa, but I'm not afraid to let the creativity flow.  So, I'll figure out what belongs on her head and add some more "hair" around it.

Until next time,  Happy dolling!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment and happy dolling!