Monday, February 06, 2012

You get better with age





This is an old doll that I made almost 10 years ago (wow has it really been that long?)
She doesn't have a name... she is called "you get better with age."
This is one of my first attempts at doll making so she is definitely nostalgic!




I forgot about this doll. I found a picture of her stashed away in the recesses of my computer somewhere.... and I was so pleased, I thought it would be fun to share.

This doll was a gift to my mother.  I dressed her in very wild eclectic colors, because it reminds me of my mom.  She would always wear  red shoes and glasses and carried a red purse, and she had all kinds of "stuff" all around the house with no specific theme, and no rhyme or reason.  She's just fun.

11 comments:

  1. Lovely doll!!! You created a wonderful doll. The combination of her wild and fun colors fill me with joy. Your mom must have loved her gift. Any thoughts on making her pattern into a pdf (hint) LOL!!! Great work as always.
    Hugs
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra, Thanks so much for the comment! I definitely do have a plan to make a new pattern... I have a couple of ideas going around in my mind but have been preoccupied with "life." Moving across the country to New York was very, very traumatizing to me creatively. I don't know why. Things are starting to move forward in the creative department, though, slowly but surely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Rivkah, very lovely doll and perhaps my mother and yours are related. I miss my mum so much. We were best of friends and she has been gone nearly 8 years already. She had this wonderful pink leather purse that I use now and yes she had red shoes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A doll for mother! Seldom to read like this. Your creation absolutely tell the story that reflect who your mom is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:46 PM

    RIVKAH...EVERY DAY I LOOK AT YOUR DOLL AND THINK OF HOW MUCH YOU ENJOY DOING YOUR DOLLS..I GUESS I'M YOUR MOTHER FOR SURE...MOM

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is lovely, her outfit is perfect, she's really great!!
    sam@
    www.teensypepper.blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi
    Lovely and cute doll.I like it so much. I want to buy it for my child.


    Thanks
    dockor

    ReplyDelete
  8. That’s so sweet! It’s good to have something of great sentimental value. To have something that holds a lot of cherished memories of your mother is what lets you know that even though you are now worlds apart, she is still right there with you. I hope you get to keep her for long time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful.How beautiful it is!!! Can not find words of amazement!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and happy dolling!