Sunday, February 07, 2010

The Tax Man

Uncle Sam is interested in our craft businesses, yes, he is. And an interesting question just came up for me today. I took my sewing machine in for repair and maintenance this year, and the bill was over $250. Can I take a tax deduction for that ??? If so, I wonder how much of that amount Uncle Sam will let me have- and how it's calculated ???


The answer is... YES. And I can claim it all, regardless of the fact that the machine is already several years old. Thanks, Sam!

2 comments:

  1. If you are filing a Schedule C for your business then you may deduct this maintenance and repairs as an expense. Your machine is a necessary piece of equipment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Rivkah Your doll Tivkah is beautiful and so happy she will be published on the first page of a Magazine. You will have to let everyone know when it will happen when you know. I am very happy for you. Love and Hugs Dianne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and happy dolling!