Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Boop in Progress

I got back to Betty this week and finally got her all stitched and stuffed. Here she is so far...
Side View
I have an old beaded purse that must be from Betty's time. It belonged to my Grandmother. I love this purse and I keep it in my drawer. It's one of those sentimental things, you know.... anyhow I can't decide what fabric to make Betty's dress out of and it hit me that beading would look great. I will try to mimic the pattern of the sequins and beads on the purse.The hair is definitely going to be a challenge. The pattern says to use yarn. I'm not so partial to that idea. Hmmmm...... what to do, what to do......

This project is definitely going to take me some time! I am happy with the way Betty is coming out so far. This is one of the "funnest" dolls I have ever made!
If you would like to make her too, you can find the pattern in my Etsy shop :-)

Have fun and Boop Boop Be-Doop!


4 comments:

  1. wow! curvacious! Betty Boop is one of my favorite dolls..I collected a few over the years.

    Nice work, can't wait to see her done!
    Matty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!!..Yours is looking great too!!!..but Hey!!!..how come your boobs are bigger than mine??..ROFL!!:-D...I've got the body & head together and working on her hair now! ;-D...Can't wait till the big reveal!!..Boop boop de doo to you too!! lol ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ouah... for your doll in progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like japanese dolls very much. Such fine art and beautiful dolls will come only from japan..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and happy dolling!