Sunday, December 27, 2009

Betty Boop Pattern

I finally began working on the Betty Boop Pattern, and I have one thing to say so far... she's got MAN HANDS! They are not the dainty little hands that I imagine Betty should have.
I could probably manage by using a ladder stitch to manipulate the size after the hands are stuffed, but I decided to alter the pattern. I cut the hands off at the wrist (ouch!) and substituted them for something better.

Here are hands as they look sewn (but not stuffed). The hand on the left is the original, and the one on the right is my version.
I find it very interesting that the pattern is sold around the internet (I sell it as well, for the challenge). However I have never seen an actual doll that was made from the pattern!
Well, that's part of the challenge. I'm having fun with it. I'll upload the new hands and whatever other improvements I come up with when Betty's done.


4 comments:

  1. Your hand definitely looks more appropriate for Betty Boop than the original pattern. I can't wait to see what she looks like when you're finished. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo I love your hand much better,I can't wait to see your Betty Boop finished.Is this a vintage pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I understand what you mean about the hands Rivkah! Well done with your solution. i can't wait to get my pattern and get started!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh YES!!!..
    LOVE your hands much better!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and happy dolling!

Design by Spice Up Your Blog and 9Blogger.