Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Make a "Splash" with Doll Photography


I sometimes take pictures of my dolls in my bathtub!





  • The background is perfectly white with no wrinkles (which usually happens when I drape fabric in the background.)
  • No "seams lines" between the floor and the wall, either.
Using a floor lamp, I direct light on the opposite side of the tub for reflectance.
I set a desk lamp on the sink and direct light to the doll.
Silly as it may sound, it works great. I have to admit it's a bit of a challenge to get the camera in position, though.... but I'm creative so I deal with it.
Rub a Dub Dub!


2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea!! shall try this!
    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that's a great idea. Means I have to give the bath a good scrub though! I've got one of those light-tents too, but I can never capture my dolls very well in it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and happy dolling!