Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I came across a very wise and helpful article about "quitting your day job" for full time artistry. This past September, I quit my job. It wasn't because I was such a successful artist (at least not financially successful). I was miserable at my job for a long time and I have a supporting husband.
One day there was a straw that broke the camel's back, so quitting just sort of happened. It felt good, but the plunge into the world of art plus schedules and money making ideas has not been peaches and creme. But I think this article really hits home. Wouldn't it be nice if we could all be artsy fartsians and make a great living doing what we love? I'm trying ^*^

Leave a comment if you are living the dream!



1 comment:

  1. Hello from a fellow ADO doll artist! I too have a supportive husband and do feel like I am living a wonderful, fantastical life (most of the time anyway!). I appreciaite all of your helpful tutorials and all of the time you dedicate to helping other doll artists!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and happy dolling!