Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Penny for Your Thoughts (or thoughts about my Penny Doll...)

Please meet Eve, my Penny Doll. She is quite the lady, wouldn't you agree? She lives with me at work in the Seattle Design Center, and is the talk of the showroom. All the interior designers just love her!

This pretty necklace was a gift from my dear mother. It kind of pricks at me and is uncomfortable. I enjoy it more on the doll. It's perfect! The fabric on her front bodice is shirred. It's not difficult to do... Just hand baste several rows and gather them all together so it scrunches up.

Eve holds a parisol (fancy umbrella that is part of her courture, not raingear!) The parisol is made with silk as is her lovely handmade hat. I'll show you how to make one in a future post. It's easy!

The top of the parisol has a beautiful Swarovski Strass crystal on it. It came off a very expensive but damaged Schonbeck chandelier from the showroom that I work in. It's a real "found object!" The "handle" is made from a damaged antique silver spoon. The earrings are the most special of all. They belonged to my grandmother and are very precious to me.


10 comments:

  1. Your Penny Doll is beautiful! What an outfit - I love the shirring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is quite the beautiful lady! I love the turquoise eye shadow...its lovely that you share your family heirlooms with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is a beautiful Lady!!, lovely doll!

    Maria del Valle

    ReplyDelete
  4. She´s a real beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your dolls!

    ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stopping by to wish you a Merry Christmas!

    ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your doll is beautiful! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful blog, chock frull of information! will check back again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's lovely, as are all the rest of your dolls! Your blog is a great place to visit. I love all the tips and info that you share!

    Happy New Year!

    Kimmie

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is so adorable! I love all the detail work in her!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and happy dolling!