Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Little Big Girl Blue

This is a thrift shop find. I have no idea where she came from or how old she is. She is obviously a porcelain doll with a classic cloth body, painted in one color- blue.

I saw her and was completely intrigued. I cold not figure out who she is- she looks partly Russian, partly Oriental, part little girl and part old woman with jewelry, old fashioned boots, and buns in her hair. Her body is skinny and her face is fat with double chins. I would think she was antique except that her body doesn't look old. There are absolutely no markings on the doll whatsoever, so she leaves me no clue as to her identity. What an interesting doll! I paid a whopping $2.50 for her. I think she is a treasure. I think about altering her, but I don't know. At least for now, I think I should leave her alone.

3 comments:

  1. What an interesting doll! The blue makes me think of an ice princess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An awesome find! I love fascinating and unique dolls like this! Her head reminds me of fine china I might have seen in my grandmother's house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this doll!I hope I can find one like her !! I love her because she is so unique!!
    Sherrie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and happy dolling!