Thursday, February 28, 2008

Mavis & Lulu

Now I'm one big fat show-off.
Lookit these fabulous flapper dolls my dear student Ellen has created! These sweetie pies are based on my vintage Becky pattern, and Ellen made not 1 but 2 dolls. Whaddaya think?Get a load outta these shoes- are they just the cutest or what??
And the hairstyle- Ellen calls it the "fru fru do." I call it Gaw-jess...
Can you believe this was Ellen's first try at dollmaking? Astounding!
I am completely tickled by these dolls. I love them! Ellen, keep up the good work- encore!

4 comments:

  1. They are superb. She did you proud.
    You are a wonderful teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:41 PM

    I have a good collection of dolls which I bought from American Girl store by coupons....!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Lovely and interesting dolls,
    In fact your whole Blog is interesting and I am going to add you to my blogging list if you don't mind. I find you very inspirational.
    I love dolls and have been making them for a long time, but I'm afraid I get sidetracked with my quilting, fibre arts, beading and anything else that strikes me.
    I am doing a couple of online classes re faces to improve my needle sculpting .... so hopefully I will have something to show for myself soon.
    Thanks for the lovely time I had here((((hugs)))))
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and happy dolling!