Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Published!

WOOOO HOOO my doll was published
in the latest Art Doll Quarterly Magazine.
Got my copy today. I am so excited!!!!!

This past summer, Pamela Armas sponsored a wonderful challenge called "Dance of the Gypsies" at the Houston Quilt Exhibition. You can imagine the thrill when I found out that my doll would dance her way from there to ADQ!

For those of you who don't have a copy yet, I can tell you it's a fabulous issue. Besides the Gypsy Dance spread, the featured artist is Lisa Lichtenfels. Her work is so breathtaking, you simply must see it to believe it. In essence, everyone must run out immediately and get a copy!!

In the meantime, I'd love to rewrite the comments I've made to ADQ about my doll and my vision as an artist in this challenge.

"I feel my creation of Fuscia was driven by passion, focus and compulsion. I'm inspired by people and cultures, my intense wish for common acceptance of diversity and sharing artful journeys with like-minded artistic people. A successful composition is something that makes the viewer think. If my dolls make people think about lessening the distance between people, then they are successful. My dolls are in some way or other mini self-portraits. Each one of them tells the viewer about me. Fuscia, a belly dancer, represents her appreciation for femininity in all cultures."

I'd like to extend a thank you to everyone who has given me encouragement to this point. Seeing my dolls published brings me so much inner strength and pride. It makes me feel like that I've managed to touch others. That is such a wonderful feeling.

I have a fabulous Goblin named 'Pagaz,' who was also published in ADQ in the spring issue of 2006. He now lives in Arizona!

Please look for more dolls and techniques articles beginning this May and right up through the winter, in Soft Dolls and Animals Magazine by Scott Publications.


Thanks so so much everyone for reading and letting me share!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting your doll published in ADQ. I just got my copy today and think that the Gypsy feature turned out great! Looking forward to seeing your article in Soft Dolls & Animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebeka yours dolls are beatifull. I'm looking on your handmade from Poland from Kazimierz. Gratulation.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and happy dolling!