Monday, March 05, 2007

LOOKING GOOD -- 3D Eyes For Cloth Dolls


I'm on to a new doll... this one comes with a special technique and is set for publication in a magazine. I think it will be Soft Dolls & Animals, by Scott Publications. I mailed it off today....

UPDATE 18.03.2007: The article will be published in SD&A, June 2007.
It's about making beautiful eyes from scratch, creating eyelids and setting them into a cloth doll head.
It's a great technique. I hope you will like it!




Here's a sneak peek at the doll's face. Needs some more make-up, some hair, ears...maybe a hat? I wonder who she will evolve into?

8 comments:

  1. I love the eyes .. they look so real. The eyelids are spectacular! Can't wait to read the article to learn how to do this. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks great! What a fabulous technique. Can't wait to see the article for this.

    www.lemontreetales.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Judi says the eye lids are spectactular. Congratulations on the article.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Thank You SO much for creating and sharing such a wonderful tutorial
    I would love to try to create such a beautiful face, eyes for my dolls.Your doll face is magnificent !! So real looking!!
    Awesome!!
    Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Beautiful eyes! Would love to learn from your article.
    Hugs....heera

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I am looking forward to reading the 3-D Eyes for Cloth doll article.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful eyes! Can't wait to see your article. I must learn how to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am new to the art of making cloth dolls and I admire your creations! I really want to learn your technique for these eyes. THerefore, I ordered back issues of the June 2007 SD & A but so not see the article on these! Please advise as to where/how I can learn this : ) Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and happy dolling!