Saturday, February 24, 2007

Vintage Baby Face Contest

Isn't this beautiful? This is Marilyn's baby face, which she submitted for the vintage baby contest. I think she did a fantastic job!

What is this contest about?

A couple of months ago, I posted about a vintage doll that I reproduced in cloth. It came about when a lady from Jerusalem asked me to restore her old play doll from the 1950's- a childhood friend she still had and who deserved new life.
I fell in love with that doll, so I reproduced the whole doll- including the vinyl parts- in cloth.


I also offered to give away a free pattern- as a prize! There is a contest to create a face that looks similar to the baby's vinyl face.

Here's my version of the face. (It's already sewn up). I used oil paint.

So far only 2 people entered the contest. I know there were several hundred views in the web folder with the template!

Truth is, I got very sidetracked from the pattern. I am involved with several magazine articles, teaching and 3 new patterns- including this one. The good news is, that it's wonderful, and also a lot of hard work. So I am behind schedule. That means, the contest is still on!

Please do join in.
To read more about the vintage doll, visit my website
To read more about the contest, click on "Vintage Doll in Cloth" in the label cloud on your right.

Have fun!

2 comments:

  1. Rivkah- Your oil painted doll face is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to join notto sure if I do a good job. But I love the doll
    Debb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and happy dolling!