Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Bead bags, anyone?


I did this out of necessity. At first I thought it was ridiculous but, well it turned out to be fun! (I've been doing a lot of that lately!)
I wanted to put together some fabrics and beads, to be transported. But I didn't have any place for the beads! I got "desperate," so I made my own baggies. Came out kind of cute!

PROCEDURE
Using a regular sandwich bag, Sew lines on it, about 2 1/4" apart. You'll want to leave channels in between for cutting.


Then turn bag and make more lines going the opposite direction

Cut out the squares so that each one has 3 sides with an opening on top. Some sides won't require any "seams" because they are the actual sides of the sandwich bag. In other places there will be some "excess" which you can sew separately.

VIOLA!

ALTERNATIVE IDEAS
You can melt individual squares of plastic together at the sides, using a candle. THis will create seams for you, and you don't have to sew. You just need to pre-cut the baggies. My husband made that one up!

Try this too-
Fill a soda bottle cap with beads
Lay it on a square you've cut from a sandwich bag (or whatever you like)
Tie this at top with a bit of yarn.


Seem silly? Maybe. But in a pinch, it worked. And, I actually got some comments! Maybe I should do this more often??? What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your ideas!! And thanks for the teaching as well. Glad to see you are safe over there. Praying for Shalom,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and happy dolling!